Vegan No Bake Cookies
Drum roll...today is Nick's birthday! And in celebration of his birthday I am posting his FAVORITE (vegan-shhh he doesn't know) no bake cookies. Every time I make my vegan no bake cookies Nick LITERALLY eats the entire batch to himself. It is so funny because he is not even that in to sweets but he LOVES these cookies!
So for his (29th) birthday, I had to celebrate on the blog! What would be more fitting than his beloved cookies?!
Over the years, I've tweaked the recipe to fit my food preferences. Using coconut oil instead of butter. Using raw cacao powder in place of cocoa powder. Old fashioned rolled oats. Natural peanut butter. Raw sugar instead of white sugar. Less sugar overall (compared to most recipes at least, these still have 1 1/2 cups of sugar!)
While these vegan no bake cookies are most certainly a dessert item, I love that they are made with wholesome, nourishing ingredients. Since there is natural peanut butter and coconut oil, I would keep these refrigerated or even in the freezer. They will start to melt easily at room temperature!
Make these. And DEVOUR.
Vegan No Bake Cookies
Victoria Myers RD/N, LD/N
- 1 1/2 cups raw sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 3 T raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- Place sugar, coconut oil, milk of choice, cacao (or cocoa) powder and salt in a large pot on medium high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil. Allow the mixture to boil for two minutes, stirring the entire time.
- After two minutes of boiling, take the pot off heat and add the vanilla extract and peanut butter. Stir to combine. 1 cup at a time, add the rolled oats and stir to combine.
- Using a spoon, spoon 1-2" cookies onto parchment paper or aluminum foil.
I hope you enjoy these no bake cookies as much as Nick and I do, and if you make them- show me! Tag me at @the_diehard_foodie and use the hashtags #nourishyoself and #diehardfoodiefinds.
Have a wonderful weekend, we are officially on the road to Clemson for the homecoming game! I am SO excited to be back in Clemson, feel the fall weather and see all my friends and family!